[Public WebGL] Some WebGL draft feedback

Chris Marrin [email protected]
Tue Jan 5 10:14:42 PST 2010

On Jan 4, 2010, at 11:40 PM, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> You can't do 3-level mime types, but you can do script/glsl-es, script/glsl-es+vertex, etc.  But -- I don't think that we need to do any of this, as I don't think there's any need for a standardized glsl mime type, at least for WebGL purposes.  My original c3d demos used the x-shader/x-vertex stuff as just an example of how shader content could be stuck in html content, and other demos have done something similar; it's convenient, but you could just as easily put it all in a custom XML file, inline string, in a display:none <div> or anywhere else, as it was all loaded in the pure js side without involving WebGL at all.  It may not have been the best idea in the first place, even :-)

Right, but in the future we'll probably want to load scripts from external URLs, so having a mime-type will ultimately be useful. So I think it's reasonable to start the process now. But maybe it's too early?

-----
~Chris
[email protected]