[Public WebGL] WebGLContextAttributes

Chris Marrin [email protected]
Wed Jan 6 05:19:24 PST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:

>>> Are there any objections to my updating the specification for
>>> WebGLContextAttributes?
>>

>> None from me. In fact, I would appreciate it!
>
> Sections 5.1 and 5.1.1 have been updated. Feedback welcome.

Looking at the changes, it strikes me  that this is not as flexible as the original design. Originally I had envisioned allowing any data type to be passed in the attributes. This would allow in the future to, for instance, pass the desired number of bits for the depth buffer, or a string describing the antialias mode. I wonder if it would be reasonable to change the attribute types to 'any' and state that in this release any value passed is interpreted as a boolean, using normal ECMAScript conversion rules.

-----
~Chris
[email protected]