[Public WebGL] NPOT (non-power-of-two) textures

Mark Callow [email protected]
Wed Jan 20 12:09:32 PST 2010

Why are you picking on OpenGL ES? The fact that OpenGL ES 2.0 NPOT
features are a subset of desktop is not a cause of the problems you are
experiencing. Rather the cause is (a) an application bug and (b) laptop
hardware that implements a subset of desktop NPOT support ( that seems
to be the same as ES 2.0) and a driver that falls back to software when
the application exceeds that subset. If you do what Ken has suggested,
such application bugs will be found during development not deployment.

Regards

    -Mark