[Public WebGL] getContext multiple context language

Vladimir Vukicevic [email protected]
Fri Jan 22 18:08:37 PST 2010

On 1/22/2010 6:01 PM, Chris Marrin wrote:
> I  think I get why you pass the attrs as 'object' rather than
> WebGLContextAttributes, but I wonder if it would be better to have a
> common subclass (ContextAttributes?) that we
> derive WebGLContextAttributes from and is the type of the 'attributes'
> param. I'm not sure it makes much difference, but I think we should
> use strong typing unless there's a reason not to.

We could, but I'm not sure if it would add any value -- that object
would look like:

interface CanvasContextAttributes { };

Requiring that all attributes objects derive from this might be nice,
but some contexts may want to use a plain string for attributes; I don't
think we should restrict those unnecessarily.

     - Vlad