[Public WebGL] WebGL back buffer contents

Oliver Hunt [email protected]
Tue Jan 26 10:14:42 PST 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Vangelis Kokkevis wrote:

> I think we should settle on having the contents of the WebGL drawing
> buffer be persistent, like the 2D context. Having a completely new
> back buffer potentially swapped in unexpectedly will be too surprising
> to the programmer.
>
> -Ken
>
> I like that idea although I'm not sure how we would handle resizing of drawing surface.  What's the expectation then?

I say match the 2d canvas: when the canvas is resized it gets cleared.  If either dimension increased in size due to the resize an implementation would need to clear the new portions of the buffer anyway.

> Vangelis

--Oliver