[Public WebGL] getContext multiple context language

stephen white [email protected]
Wed Jan 27 00:49:34 PST 2010

On 27/01/2010, at 1:39 AM, Chris Marrin wrote:
> I  think this should be more forceful. I think the last sentence
> would be better as: "A given context API specification shall define
> under what conditions, if any, it is able to perform simultaneous
> rendering. If it does, it must describe the synchronization behavior
> with respect to all other active contexts."

Here is an interesting multi-context scenario that popped into my mind
last night. Currently some vertex/fragment shaders will fall back to
software, while others will be hardware. It would be interesting if
some of the drawing could be done in hardware and some in software,
such that the bulk of the image can be accelerated and the finer
detail being added in by the more capable software renderer.

--
   [email protected]