[Public WebGL] WebGL back buffer contents

Chris Marrin [email protected]
Wed Jan 27 11:59:36 PST 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Oliver Hunt wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Gregg Tavares wrote:
>
>> Just for clarity are we referring to the buffer size changing, or the display size changing?
>>
>> eg. changing canvasElement.width/height vs canvasElement.style.width/height
>>
>> To remain in keeping with CanvasRenderingContext2D behaviour, changing display size should not
>> have any impact at all on the graphics state, although given that can happen non-programmatically
>> we may want an event?
>>
>> How does this happen non-programmatically?
>
> <canvas style="width:50%"></canvas>
> Then the element resizes with the browser window.

But to be clear, this does not change the buffer size. It merely scales the canvas image during HTML compositing. So as far as WebGL is concerned, nothing has changed.

-----
~Chris
[email protected]