[Public WebGL] WebGL back buffer contents

Gregg Tavares [email protected]
Wed Jan 27 12:16:44 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Oliver Hunt <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Gregg Tavares wrote:
>
> Just for clarity are we referring to the buffer size changing, or the
>> display size changing?
>>
>> eg. changing canvasElement.width/height vs
>> canvasElement.style.width/height
>>
>> To remain in keeping with CanvasRenderingContext2D behaviour, changing
>> display size should not
>> have any impact at all on the graphics state, although given that can
>> happen non-programmatically
>> we may want an event?
>

> How does this happen non-programmatically?
>

> <canvas style="width:50%"></canvas>
> Then the element resizes with the browser window.

That doesn't change the size of the backbuffer, it only changes the size the
backbuffer is displayed at on the screen. That exact example would give you
300x300 pixel backbuffer which is then scaled to fit whatever size the it
needs to be scaled to for size of that element on the page. As it scales the
backbuffer would say 300x300 pixels.

The size of the backbuffer can only be set 2 ways

<cavnas width="100" ...>

canvas.width = 100;

Neither of those settings can be a percent.