[Public WebGL] WebKit nightly does not recognize "webgl" for context type

Kenneth Russell [email protected]
Tue Feb 1 18:06:27 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Mark Callow <[email protected]> wrote:
> WebKit nightly (aka Safari) 5.0.3 (6533.19.4, r76911) downloaded yesterday
> does not recognize "webgl" as the context type in getContext. You still need
> to use "experimental-webgl". I thought this had been fixed long ago. Should
> I report a official bug and if so where?

I'm pretty sure that WebKit has never accepted the "webgl" context
type, only "experimental-webgl".

When should the switch be flipped?

 - Now?
 - When the WebGL 1.0 spec is published?
 - When WebKit passes the WebGL 1.0 conformance suite?