[Public WebGL] WebKit nightly does not recognize "webgl" for context type

Chris Marrin [email protected]
Wed Feb 2 17:14:57 PST 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 6:06 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Mark Callow <[email protected]> wrote:
>> WebKit nightly (aka Safari) 5.0.3 (6533.19.4, r76911) downloaded yesterday
>> does not recognize "webgl" as the context type in getContext. You still need
>> to use "experimental-webgl". I thought this had been fixed long ago. Should
>> I report a official bug and if so where?
>
> I'm pretty sure that WebKit has never accepted the "webgl" context
> type, only "experimental-webgl".
>
> When should the switch be flipped?
>
> - Now?
> - When the WebGL 1.0 spec is published?
> - When WebKit passes the WebGL 1.0 conformance suite?

I don't think we should be changing anything like this until 1.0 is actually ratified and the browsers have at least some semblance of conformance.

-----
~Chris
[email protected]