[Public WebGL] determining depth of z-buffer

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu Feb 3 13:25:05 PST 2011

Yeah - I was wracking my brains trying to think about whether the 3000
series had a Z buffer - I kinda thought that it didn't...but I could
easily be wrong about that.

The CompuScene IV flight sim graphics system had a Z-buffer and it was
released in 1984...which pre-dates the IRIS machines...but at megabucks
per display, it stretches the definition of "...that you could actually
buy"!

There is shockingly little information about these early realtime graphics
systems out there on the web.  Those early IRIS machines rate scarcely a
paragraph in Wikipedia.

  -- Steve