[Public WebGL] RequestAnimationFrame stops updating after hitting a breakpoint

Cedric Vivier [email protected]
Tue Feb 8 11:43:24 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 20:10, Mikko Mononen <[email protected]> wrote:
> If I hit a breakpoint inside the render function, step through some
> code and press continue, the screen stops updating (sometimes the
> browser aww-snaps too). I call requestAnimationFrame() the first thing
> when entering the rendering function. I'm using Chrome 10.0.648.18
> dev, OSX 10.6.6 and ATI HD2600.
>
> Is this a bug, or something I have to live with, and if so is there
> some workaround to this?

This is probably a bug (looks like a reentrancy issue - anyways it
shouldn't crash for sure) but have you tried moving the
requestAnimationFrame call at the end of the rendering function to
check if that's enough to work around the issue ?

Regards,