[Public WebGL] RequestAnimationFrame stops updating after hitting a breakpoint

James Robinson [email protected]
Wed Feb 9 12:43:51 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Mark Callow <[email protected]>wrote:

>  On 2011/02/09 10:11, Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:
>
> > Hopefully with in a month or 2 all browsers that support canvas will
> > support requestAnimationFrame so user's will stop going to pages that
> > DOS their machine with setTimeout or setInterval. I believe all
> > browsers the support WebGL will support requestAnimiationFrame. It's
> > only IE that hasn't said if they have plans to implement it.
> I note the use of "will". Do Chrome9 stable and FF4 currently support
> requestAnimationFrame or not?

Chrome 9 does not support requestAnimationFrame.  Chrome 10 builds do (as
webkitRequestAnimationFrame).  Current Firefox 4 beta builds support the API
as mozRequestAnimationFrame, and I presume that they will ship it in Firefox
4 stable (although that's up to Mozilla, not me).

- James