[Public WebGL] Blacklisting and get.webgl.org

Gregg Tavares (wrk) [email protected]
Mon Feb 14 00:04:59 PST 2011

> [...]

The API already does this.

#1) Check if your browser supports webgl

 if (!window.WebGLRenderingContext)
    // this browser does not support webgl. Send to get.webgl.org

#2) Try to get a context and handle the error

canvas.addEventListener("webglcontextcreationerror", handleError, false);
ctx = canvas.getContext("webgl");
if (!ctx) {
return; // do nothing if null is returned. The spec REQUIRES that a
// webglcontextcreationerror event generated.
  }

  function handleError(event) {
     // display event.message to user and/or send the user to
get.webgl.org/troubleshooting (which needs to be filled in)
  }