[Public WebGL] webgl+plugin

Chris Marrin [email protected]
Thu May 5 09:12:43 PDT 2011

On May 4, 2011, at 11:16 PM, tansel halic wrote:

> Hi,
>   Can we share the webgl context with a browser plugin? Does anybody have an idea?

What are you thinking about? A WebGL context is a Javascript Object, while a plugin is native code. Are you thinking of picking out the native OpenGL (or D3D) context? If so, that's not possible in a portable way. For a given browser there may be ways to use bridge APIs to allow you to create and use the a WebGL object your plugin creates. Again that wouldn't be cross-platform, and it would probably be easier to just use the native 3D API on the platform.

-----
~Chris
[email protected]