[Public WebGL] Vetex shader texture lookups

[email protected] [email protected]
Mon May 16 09:50:11 PDT 2011

Yeah - to be 100% clear on this:  There is hardware out there that is
supported by WebGL but which does not support vertex texture lookups.

So even after this is fixed in ANGLE and the fixes are on everyone's
computers, you STILL cannot 100% rely on there being vertex texture
support.  The key here being that the specification requires you to query
the number of vertex textures available - and the response to that is
allowed to be zero - and it most certainly IS zero on a couple of older
computers that I own.

Hence all applications that use vertex textures should provide a
work-around for the lack of them...or, at the very least, a grovelling
apology to the user for the total inadequacy of your application!

  -- Steve