[Public WebGL] How to check for WebGL support

Cedric Vivier [email protected]
Thu May 19 11:16:59 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 01:07, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <[email protected]> wrote:
> That doesn't seem like it would not be a good solution because it means the
> app will have no way to tell the user "hey, if you just update your drivers
> you can run my app".

And as discussed elsewhere, the app should not even care, browsers
should take care of this (last but not least because exposing to
applications driver version or even the fact that the user is using an
outdated driver might be a privacy/security issue).

Ideally it's a yes/no for the app to the question "Can I use WebGL now?".
Information and/or troubleshooting can/should be done by the browser.

Regards,