[Public WebGL] How to check for WebGL support

Gregg Tavares (wrk) [email protected]
Thu May 19 11:58:43 PDT 2011

So I know suspect some browsers are planning to fallback to software
rendering if a user's card is blacklisted.
In that case you'll almost never fail and isWebGLAvailable will be useless.

I'm sure some will be upset that software rendering is slow and they'd like
to know if they are going
to get software rendering beforehand but in reality lots of GPUs are slow,
some are even slower than
a good software renderer so knowing that you have hardware or software is
not going to help you know
if your app will run reasonably.

The only way to know is to try it.