[Public WebGL] How to check for WebGL support

Benoit Jacob [email protected]
Thu May 19 12:04:32 PDT 2011

In this respect, the only thing I'm really concerned about is the apps that want to fall back to Canvas 2D if WebGL is not available (Angry Birds, Three.js, etc).

If doing 2D with a software OpenGL renderer is going to be slower than using Canvas2D (because, say, Canvas2D implements more stuff in C++) then it's legitimate to want to know and prefer Canvas 2D.

Benoit