[Public WebGL] Some ARB_robustness questions

Kenneth Russell [email protected]
Thu May 26 18:29:15 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Cedric Vivier <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 00:37, Benoit Jacob <[email protected]> wrote:
>> How do you plan to implement the part where you restore the context and contine running the content? How can you restore all the GL state, including textures/shaders/buffers?
>
> Context restoration does not happen automatically unless the
> application prevented the default behavior (lose the context forever).
> All state and data needs to be reinitialized by the application :
>
> ""
> Once the context is restored, WebGL resources such as textures and
> buffers that were created before the context was lost are no longer
> valid. The application must reinitialize the context's state and
> recreate all such resources.
> ""

That's right -- in the earlier emails on this thread, restoring the
context involves sending a webglcontextrestored event to the canvas.

Regarding the error produced by eglMakeCurrent, a WebGL implementation
might need to respond differently if some other sort of error than
EGL_CONTEXT_LOST was generated. I don't have a concrete example
though.