[Public WebGL] Updated WebGL spec with bounds checking info

Tim Johansson [email protected]
Thu May 26 23:28:00 PDT 2011

Some comments:

<h3><a name="OUT_OF_RANGE_ARRAY_ACCESSES">Out-of-Range Array Accesses</h3>
<h3><a name="DYNAMIC_INDEXING_OF_ARRAYS">Dynamic Indexing of Arrays</h3>

The lack of </a> in these headers breaks rendering for me.

In 6.20 there is no mention of array of samplers (which are uniforms), I
really think we should disallow arrays of samplers as they will not work
on all GLES implementations, we have already run into at least one where
it does not work.

What should happen if you try to index using a non constant expression?
I would prefer if compilation fails as it is an error in the shader,
this is how gles implementations seems to handle it and it would make
writing conformance tests for it easy. Do we need to mention this or is
it implied?

//Tim