[Public WebGL] Typed Array spec updates: strawman proposals

Gregg Tavares (wrk) [email protected]
Tue May 31 10:43:02 PDT 2011

So I was thinking this morning, what's the point of the readonly flag and
how does it work?

It seemed like the point was to make an XHR returned buffer readonly but
then that adds a new problem. There are 2 use cases

1) I want to read the data in a readonly buffer. To do that I want to create
a view and I want that view not to make a copy and therefore the view is
readonly

2) I want a copy of the data in the buffer. How do I do this? Are there now
2 constructors for views? One to make a copy and one to make view?

Does it work as is or does it need more?