[Public WebGL] readPixles() can't access float values (OES_texture_float interaction)

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Fri Sep 16 13:00:00 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Mark Callow <[email protected]>wrote:

>  I do not think so. We have gone to great lengths before, e.g.
> UniformLocation, to avoid situations where incorrectly written programs will
> run on some GPUs but not others. Why is it suddenly necessary to abandon the
> principles we established?

It's just a thought, OpenGL itself has no mechanism to discern this other
then trying it out. But sure, if you want this test snippet to be named
 gl.getExtension('WEBGL_FRAMEBUFFER_FLOAT') or something, you have my
blessing, spares me to write the utility function.