[Public WebGL] readPixles() can't access float values (OES_texture_float interaction)

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Mon Sep 19 12:52:52 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Glenn Maynard <[email protected]> wrote:

> (It's been a long time since I've looked at the OpenGL/ES specs.  If there
> are equivalency requirements that I'm not recalling--for example, "if
> framebuffers in configurations (COLOR1, DEPTH1) and (COLOR2, DEPTH2) are
> complete, then (COLOR2, DEPTH1) and (COLOR1, DEPTH2) must also be
> framebuffer complete"--then please remind me.  I don't think there are.)

The only guarantee that
http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/framebuffer_object.txt makes is
that at least one combination has to work. See 4.4.4.2 Whole Framebuffer
Completeness