[Public WebGL] Should WebGLContextAttributes be a callback interface?

Cameron McCormack [email protected]
Sun Apr 1 17:06:16 PDT 2012

Glenn Maynard:
> The language I suggested earlier was:
>
> That's based on the conversation we had, combined with how things like
> Event constructors work, with a separate *Init dictionary type for the
> interface.  The separate *Init type isn't strictly needed here (unlike
> events, every attribute in WebGLContextAttributes would also be in
> WebGLContextAttributesInit), but it also means WebGLContextAttributes
> doesn't need to have all of its attributes nullable.
>
> Think that needs hooks to make the language simpler?  Since this is sort
> of a one-off thing (one per context type, and there are no signs that
> there'll ever be many others), it may not be worth it.

No, it looks like the kind of hook I was imagining is already there in
the HTML spec, and that the WebGL spec already uses it in section 2.1.
Your suggested changes to the 2.1 text look good to me.