[Public WebGL] proposal draft for EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

Brandon Jones [email protected]
Sun Apr 1 18:10:21 PDT 2012

Sorry Glenn, but I'm strongly in support of Benoit's position on this one.
I think every browser vendor out there deeply regrets the current scenario
with CSS prefixes, nobody wants to repeat it. It is not a strenuous thing
to write extension fallback checks, and for most developers their library
of choice will abstract it away from them. The few developers who's content
does break will usually be able to fix it with a couple line of
search/replace and a stern scolding.

We need to enable WebGL to move forward cleanly, without getting mired down
with legacy support. The spec is absolutely the right place to do that, and
NOW is absolutely the right time to do it.

--Brandon