[Public WebGL] Requirements for bufferData don't make sense given the IDL

Boris Zbarsky [email protected]
Tue Apr 3 11:42:56 PDT 2012

On 4/3/12 2:26 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
> Does this fix your immediate problem?

Yes, I think it does.  At this point null is just clearly allowed for
bufferData and bufferSubData, and I'm assuming that the right behavior
for null is to set the error state and return as documented, for both of
them.

> Would you be willing to share information about what you're trying to
> do with the IDL? I am particularly interested to know if you have a
> tool which will validate it and which is catching these errors you
> have found.

Did
https://www.khronos.org/webgl/public-mailing-list/archives/1204/msg00063.html
cover this?  If not, I'm happy to answer whatever questions you have
that it didn't cover; none of this is secret in any way.  Just tell me
what info is missing!

-Boris