[Public WebGL] Standalone IDL has FloatArray where it probably means Float32Array

Kenneth Russell [email protected]
Tue Apr 3 12:37:49 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Boris Zbarsky <[email protected]> wrote:

> Subject says it all.  The IDL in the spec itself is fine, but
> https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/webgl.idl has a bunch of
> FloatArray where the spec itself has Float32Array.

Sorry about that; fixed.

> I wonder whether it would make any sense to generate the standalone IDL via
> a script that runs on the main spec's HTML or something...  It looks like
> right now it's completely manually edited, right?

Yes, webgl.idl and the index.html are both completely hand edited
right now. It would be great if we could automatically generate one
from the other. Any contributions here would be welcome. It might be
tricky because there are several portions of the WebGL spec that would
need to be extracted and HTML tags removed.

Note there is already a make step for the extensions directory because
of some great contributions by David Sheets to use XML to describe
extensions, which has dramatically simplified maintenance of the
extension repository.