[Public WebGL] Standalone IDL has FloatArray where it probably means Float32Array

Boris Zbarsky [email protected]
Tue Apr 3 12:55:42 PDT 2012

On 4/3/12 3:37 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
> Yes, webgl.idl and the index.html are both completely hand edited
> right now. It would be great if we could automatically generate one
> from the other. Any contributions here would be welcome.

One "simple" option is to load the spec in your browser of choice, then
run this bookmarklet:

javascript:var%20s%20=%20Array.prototype.slice.call(document.querySelectorAll("pre.idl")).map(function(n)%20{%20return%20n.textContent;%20}).join('\n\n');%20document.open("text/plain");%20document.write(s);%20document.close()

and then copy/paste the resulting text into the IDL file.

I can write you a command-line version of this in Python if you want, if
you just want to have a script that runs on the spec .html and spits out
the IDL.  It'd take a bit more work because of the crappy DOM support in
Python, but not that much more.  If there's already a script generating
stuff that you have to run anyway, this is probably the approach you
want, right?

-Boris