[Public WebGL] What should getContextAttributes return after the context has been lost?

Boris Zbarsky [email protected]
Wed Apr 4 14:20:19 PDT 2012

The IDL says:

   WebGLContextAttributes getContextAttributes();

This is not a method that has explicit context lost handling, so we end
up in the 6-step algorithm in
https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/#5.14

We reach step 5 with "use default value" set to true.

We return nothing in step 5.1, since the return value is not a nullable
type or 'any'.

Step 5.2 says "Terminate this algorithm without calling the method
implementation".  What does that mean?  What's the actual return value?
  Is a JS exception thrown?  If so, which one?

I'm guessing the return type in this case should just be
"WebGLContextAttributes?"...

There are similar issues with various creation functions and whatnot.

-Boris