[Public WebGL] What should getContextAttributes return after the context has been lost?

Glenn Maynard [email protected]
Wed Apr 4 18:25:59 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Kenneth Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm thinking a bit forward to the situation where an "async" bit is
> added to the context creation attributes, and the context is created,
> but in the lost state. This is one of the changes on the table for the
> current version of the spec in development, and one which I expect
> will be added reasonably soon after discussion on this list.
>
> It's reasonable feedback to defer adding this wording until the async
> bit is actually added, so if you think the text should be simplified,
> please reply and I'll simplify it.

I'm inclined to think that the spec should only talk about cases that are
possible in the current version of the spec.

That said, if you want to handle this case, you probably want to say
"drawing buffer" rather than "context".  (Or, better, define the "actual
drawing parameters"--see the other thread--as initially having default
settings, and then you don't have to talk about that case here at all.  It
just always has the expected value.)

--
Glenn Maynard