[Public WebGL] OT: exception handling

Boris Zbarsky [email protected]
Fri Apr 6 08:40:41 PDT 2012

On 4/6/12 4:05 AM, Florian Bösch wrote:
> I don't believe in whatever flavor you paint context lost, that it's
> ever going to be handleable in any reasonable way.

At least some UA vendors are considering triggering context lost on
purpose every so often, just so that it creates visible breakage.

Because on mobile hardware, device constraints may in fact lead to
context lost with some regularity.  Especially if your page is not the
one currently being viewed.

> They'll remain broken, and that's the end of story.

Unless context lost becomes a reasonably common occurrence, yes?

-Boris