[Public WebGL] Should WebGLContextAttributes be a callback interface?

Boris Zbarsky [email protected]
Sun Apr 8 19:39:56 PDT 2012

> Well, callback interfaces are meant to be for JS to provide a bunch of
> callback-like properties and functions. I suppose it's not out of the
> question to allow it to be returned from an operation. And it would be
> consistent with being able to return a callback function type.
>
> Would a DOM object be able to create and return its own objects that
> implement callback interfaces?

I'm not sure what you mean.  For one thing, it's not really quite
defined what it means to "implement a callback interface"...

> But we could allow it to return a
> reference to an existing callback interface object that script created
> and passed in.

This seems to be the obvious use case that would require supporting
callback interface return values.  Assuming that there are APIs that
return such things, of course.

-Boris