[Public WebGL] Null return values from create*

Boris Zbarsky [email protected]
Fri Apr 13 18:07:15 PDT 2012

On 4/13/12 7:17 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to change the ad-hoc, out-of-line list to
> something in the IDL, which would allow sanity checks more easily (can't
> have a non-nullab/any return type without explicit context loss
> handling).  It could also be useful for generating bindings, at least in
> theory.

I actually considered just this morning adding annotations to Gecko's
IDL to put the context-lost check in the binding...  It didn't seem like
an obvious win given that we have existing hand-written code to check
that, but if I were writing this from scratch it might have been.

> Cameron or Boris: By the way, the overall method dispatch steps in 5.14
> are, I think, unique in the platform.  If either of you have time, it
> could probably use a review.

I did look over it last week.  The steps are black-box identical to
requiring a particular sequence of steps at the beginning of each of the
IDL methods, which is how it's implemented in Gecko.

-Boris