[Public WebGL] Should the non-typed-array overloads of uniform*v and vertextAttrib*v be IDL arrays or IDL sequences?

Boris Zbarsky [email protected]
Sun Apr 15 12:34:50 PDT 2012

On 4/15/12 2:53 PM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> These functions too will return a new object each time, since the array is not stored by the WebGL implementation. If that's not specified in the spec, it should be.

The spec does say that new objects are returned in these cases, afaict.

>>    Are there other cases that return an IDL array object?
>
> getParameter can, though it's typed arrays (it's plain arrays in current Mozilla implementation, but that's a bug).

Typed arrays are IDL interface objects from the point of view of WebIDL,
not array objects.  As far as I can tell, getParameter cannot return an
IDL array objects.

-Boris