[Public WebGL] Return value for getAttachedShaders when a null program is passed in

Glenn Maynard [email protected]
Sun Apr 15 21:19:26 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Benoit Jacob <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Boris Zbarsky <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> The spec doesn't seem to define what should happen when a null program is
>> passed to getAttachedShaders.  The OpenGL ES spec doesn't define behavior
>> here, since it uses an integer to identify the program, and that can't be
>> null.
>>

> There's probably an ES spec bug there.
>
> In fact, the man page does say what should happen in this case:

I know the man pages talk about it--it's still a spec bug.

But that doesn't actually define what he's looking for: it doesn't define
the return value of the WebGL function, since ES simply doesn't modify
output parameters on error.

(Also, nothing specifies that a null value to WebGL's getAttachedShaders
call corresponds to a "value not generated by OpenGL", and it's not clear,
at least, that a deleted texture has the same effect, though you might
infer that one from 5.6.)

> http://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glAttachShader.xml

(You mean
http://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/docs/man/xhtml/glGetAttachedShaders.xml)