[Public WebGL] Differing TypedArray#set behavior

Glenn Maynard [email protected]
Tue Apr 17 18:18:32 PDT 2012

2012/4/17 Kenneth Russell <[email protected]>

> Unfortunately, it was recently discovered that these semantics were
> illegal according to Web IDL -- see

> . The Web IDL spec was updated, so now if you pass in a typed array
> view of a different type, it will actually match the overload taking a
> JS array.

This wasn't clear to me; I read the IDL as if it said "void
set(ArrayBufferView array, optional unsigned long offset)".  The
"templated" IDL isn't always intuitively clear to me (and it's a little ad
hoc), but I don't have any ideas off-hand to improve that.  (At least,
without expanding everything, which would lose more than it would gain due
to the spec bloat it would cause...)

--
Glenn Maynard