[Public WebGL] Why does the set of pname arguments for which the behavior of getProgramParameter is defined not match GL ES?

Cedric Vivier [email protected]
Wed Apr 18 01:42:10 PDT 2012

Good catch.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 04:43, Boris Zbarsky <[email protected]> wrote:
> At first glance, Gecko allows passing all 9 of the pname values defined in
> GL ES (plus some CURRENT_PROGRAM value that's not in ES at all as far as I
> can tell and should clearly go away).  Is the WebGL spec intending to
> disallow passing INFO_LOG_LENGTH, ACTIVE_ATTRIBUTE_MAX_LENGTH, and
> ACTIVE_UNIFORM_MAX_LENGTH?

The removal of those enums in WebGL is specified in section 6.21.

> If so, it might need to explicitly say so
> somewhere....

Yes, we should probably add something like "An INVALID_ENUM error is
generated when the passed pname is not present in the table." to all
pname-taking entry points in general (+ related conformance tests).

Cheers,