[Public WebGL] Advanced features and the chicken/egg problem

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Thu Apr 26 06:15:19 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Florian Bösch <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'd like us to resolve this somehow so we can get cutting edge features,
> without sacrificing lowest common denominator benefits. It'd like all of us
> to have our cake and eat it too, and I believe it can be done.

Maybe a process to expose unratified, experimental extensions that are not
guaranteed to ever make it to a ratified extensions, just to see how they
work out? Something like:

var mrt = gl.getExperimentalExtension({name: 'webgl_mrt', version:
'>=1.0'})