[Public WebGL] Implement extension EXT_frag_depth in WebGL

Mark Callow [email protected]
Mon Dec 3 18:15:38 PST 2012

On 2012/12/04 3:22, Florian Bösch wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Kenneth Russell <[email protected]
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>
>     Slight concern that it seems to be supported on
>     very few mobile devices.
>
> I find that odd as well. Especially given that ES 2.0 was modelled
> after OGL 3.0 which has included that capability for nearly a decade.
> But I wouldn't be concerned about it for two reasons really:
I don't know what gave you that idea. OpenGL 3.0 was released in August
2008, OpenGL ES 2.0 in March 2007.  Clearly it is based on OpenGL 2.0.
> 1) It's coming anyway with ES 3.0 and presumably as vendors start
> supporting ES 3.0 support will go up.
> 2) I have a hard time imagining that it's actually absent in the
> hardware (after all it has been core part of any programmable hardware
> since a decade). I suspect it's just not exposed by the driver. So
> most likely vendors can provide a lot of support with a firmware update.
I don't think the vendors have any interest in keeping features
concealed. If it was in the hardware they would advertise the extension.

Regards

    -Mark

--
注意:この電子メールには、株式会社エイチアイの機密情報が含まれている場合
が有ります。正式なメール受信者では無い場合はメール複製、 再配信または情

NOTE: This electronic mail message may contain confidential and
privileged information from HI Corporation. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, photocopying, distribution or use of the
contents of the received information is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete this message and all related copies.