[Public WebGL] y-orientation for texImage2D from HTML elements

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Fri Dec 7 01:23:04 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Mark Callow <[email protected]>wrote:

>  Your point? I cannot see what this has to do with attempting to classify
> applications; it is orthogonal to what I wrote.

If you where to render a geometry (say a TV) with a picture on it (say
obtained by <video>) and you do not specify unpack flip y then your UV
coordinates need to go from top/left 0,0 in order to get a correct display.
Now if you render that <video> using the same semantic (0,0 top/left) into
an FBO (say for some postprocess) and then texture your TV geometry with
that, your picture is upside down because in the framebuffer attached
texture top/left is 0,1 in UV.