[Public WebGL] MIP rendering in WebGL (integration of EXT_blend_minmax)

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Wed Dec 12 10:22:43 PST 2012

Specified In:

   - OpenGL Extension EXT_blend_minmax. Initially introduced 1995 by SGI,
   modified 2009 for ES.
   http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/blend_minmax.txt
   - OpenGL ES EXT_blend_minmax. Introduced 2009:
   http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/EXT/blend_minmax.txt
   - Direct3D: D3DBLENDOP_MIN/MAX, Released with Direct3D 9.0 in 2002

Hardware Availability:

   - Desktop D3D: 99.45% (Not being DX8 GPUs or below) source:
   http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
   - Desktop OpenGL: 98%, source:
   http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/
   - Mobiles: As of November 2012, 228 devices out of 783, source:
   http://www.glbenchmark.com/result.jsp

Proposal Extension: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/WebGL/pull/109