[Public WebGL] MIP rendering in WebGL (integration of EXT_blend_minmax)

Patrick Baggett [email protected]
Thu Dec 13 07:18:16 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Gregg Tavares (社用) <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm not suggesting you shouldn't push for min/max blending. On the other
> hand given < 1/3 of mobile supports it seems like you're likely to have to
> wait for WebGL 2.0 which is easily 12-24 months away. So my point is, there
> must be other creative ways to build the app you want to build without
> waiting for that feature.

I think in this case, 3D medical imaging will likely be done on a PC and
the lack of mobile support doesn't really affect him. I think the real win
was HTML-based app instead of native code, not mobile support.

Patrick