[Public WebGL] using the same context with multiple canvases

Gregg Tavares (社用) [email protected]
Sun Dec 16 18:26:39 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Ian Hickson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2012, Gregg Tavares (社ç~T¨) wrote:
> > >
> > > Is this something that would make sense as arguments to setContext()?
> >
> > It doesn't seem like the appropriate place since they are "creation"
> > parameters and since for an animated app with multiple canvases you're
> > going to be calling setContext once per canvas per frame.
>
> They don't have to be creation, right? I mean, you have multiple contexts
> and you have multiple canvases, you're not going to be necessarily
> creating anything after that, just binding a context to a canvas and
> drawing. If the settings are specific to a particular context/canvas
> binding, then setContext() seems the right place...

How does this help us in workers where we also want to be able to create
some object that represents what's being drawn to and we want to be able to
create multiple of them, draw to them with 1 context, and have each have
different attributes?