[Public WebGL] using the same context with multiple canvases

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Wed Dec 19 02:26:36 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Gregg Tavares (社用) <[email protected]>wrote:

> I guess that suggests commit should be part of Canvas and CanvasProxy

I like the idea of an explicit flush/swap/commit whatever you call it. The
preserveDrawingBuffer semantic has been giving everybody trouble for a
while. I think that canvas is a good place to put it semantically. I'm not
sure if that's easy to implement though. In concept when the page is
re-composited the bytes/texture to paint has to come from somewhere.
Obviously in a double-buffered drawingbuffer that's the front buffer. But
if you exchange drawing buffers, and a re-composit happens, then the
"commit" will have happened regardless because there's no other source than
the new drawing buffers front. I'm not sure that's an issue, just worth
thinking about.