[Public WebGL] Re: Android FireFox on Kindle Fire

Robert Richter [email protected]
Wed Feb 1 08:05:01 PST 2012

Indeed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Specifications

CPU: 	700 MHz ARM1176JZF-S core ( ARM11 family) [ 3 ]
GPU: 	Broadcom VideoCore IV, [ 35 ] OpenGL ES 2.0, 1080p 30 h.264/MPEG-4 AVC high-profile decode [ 3 ]
Memory (SDRAM): 	128 MiB 	256 MiB
It already runs Arch/Debian linux. I assume it would run (slowly).

----- Original Message -----

From: "John Tamplin" <[email protected]>
To: "Benoit Jacob" <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected], "public webgl" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:57:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] Re: Android FireFox on Kindle Fire

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Benoit Jacob < [email protected] > wrote:

I don't know anything specific to the Raspberry Pi, but if it runs Android and has a OpenGL ES 2 driver, then the standard Firefox/Android build should work fine with WebGL.

The Raspberry Pi is a cheap SBC running Linux, and is unlikely to run Android. However, it already supports OpenGL ES 2 and other than perhaps memory concerns I would expect normal desktop FF to work fine with it.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/
--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google