[Public WebGL] Re: Android FireFox on Kindle Fire

John Davis [email protected]
Wed Feb 1 08:56:31 PST 2012

think open source apple tv for the planet w/ webgl, $25, airplay demo seems
to indicate it's not slow, if only we could get google behind it ... :)

On Wednesday, February 1, 2012, Robert Richter <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Indeed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Specifications
> CPU:700 MHz ARM1176JZF-S core (ARM11 family) [3]
> GPU:Broadcom VideoCore IV,[35] OpenGL ES 2.0, 1080p30 h.264/MPEG-4
AVC high-profile decode [3]
> Memory (SDRAM):128 MiB256 MiB
> It already runs Arch/Debian linux. I assume it would run (slowly).

Android and has a OpenGL ES 2 driver, then the standard Firefox/Android
build should work fine with WebGL.

> The Raspberry Pi is a cheap SBC running Linux, and is unlikely to run
Android.  However, it already supports OpenGL ES 2 and other than perhaps
memory concerns I would expect normal desktop FF to work fine with it.