[Public WebGL] EXT_sRGB

Conor Dickinson [email protected]
Wed Feb 1 18:37:03 PST 2012

Are there any plans to add support for the EXT_sRGB extension to WebGL any
time soon?  Aside from depth textures, anisotropic filtering, and texture
compression (all which I am overjoyed to see being worked on), this is the
one extension that is currently holding me back from making a top-quality
renderer.  I am currently doing sRGB conversion manually into and out of my
shaders, but this is inefficient on hardware that supports the extension
and it does not handle frame buffer blending correctly.

http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/EXT/EXT_sRGB.txt

Thanks!

Conor Dickinson
railGun 3D