[Public WebGL] Re: webgl/swiftshader

Benoit Jacob [email protected]
Mon Feb 20 16:03:42 PST 2012

----- Original Message -----
> BTW, Firefox used to allow software rendering via Mesa, but that
> seems
> to not work anymore (with OSMesa32.dll set in preferences, etc.). Or
> am
> I doing something wrong? I remember it as being too slow, though.

It should work, but regressions are possible (not covered by unit tests). Please file a bug if you find one :)

OSMesa is based on a very old version of Mesa that's a lot slower than Mesa 8 + LLVMpipe. New effort should go into that instead of old OSMesa support. Or maybe OSMesa will get updated, who knows.

Benoit