[Public WebGL] proposal draft for EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Fri Feb 24 10:50:22 PST 2012

So the basic issue is this:

OpenGL et all use a global namespace for these names (as in
GL_UNSIGNED_INT). There are a variety of extensions which may express some
functionality with already present enumerants.

In WebGL we do not (yet) have an gl.UNSIGNED_INT (but we do have a
gl.UNSIGNED_BYTE and gl.UNSIGNED_SHORT)

Adding the UNSIGNED_INT to the context if the extension is enabled may be
problematic because:
- some implementation issues in modifying the context
- is not how extensions work so far

Adding UNSIGNED_INT just to the extension object is problematic, because:
- You end up referring to foo_ext.UNSIGNED_INT, bar_ext.UNSIGNED_INT,
etc_ext.UNSIGNED_INT